Monday, December 12, 2011

The Day I was surprised.By Elijah

The year was 2010 and it was my birthday.  I forgot about the whole thing, I wasn't expecting any presents, I hadn't planned a party.  Mum asked me to get into the shower quickly because I was going somewhere.  I had no idea where it would be.

I went to my friend's house and he was acting strange, he was kind of weird, the back door was locked, I couldn't find the key.  He told me to go home and go into my room and stay there for two minutes.  So I started to go  back home.  But something was mysterious just as I closed the door on my friend's house, the door was still a bit open.  I looked through the gap of the front door and my friend ran to the back door with the key to lock it but he was looking very strangely as if I wasn't there.  He closed the door with a slam and locked it quickly. I let myself in the front door and ran to the back door and put my ear onto the timber of the door and I heard a bit of ripping paper and wrapping and just as I was walking away I could hear the door handle turning so I went out the front door but didn't go home.

Two minutes was up.  I opened the door and he was gone.  I could see him running down the road diagonally towards the swimming pool, so I followed him.  He went into the pool and I could see most of my friends through the fence.  I turned around and Mum's car was parked and the door was opening and I climbed up a tree to hide so she couldn't see me.  She had told me to stay home until she came back but I didn't.  I was thinking about what Mum would think about me.  She would never trust me again.  Mum got out of the car and went into the swimming pool. I could see her putting presents down near all of my friend's bags.  I knew I had to get back home before Mum, but how?

Just as I was about to run off I got caught by one of my friends who has a bike.  His name was Andrew.  I told Andrew to shush so we didn't get caught by mum and  I told him I might need his bike.  He told me that his mother would not let other people ride my bike. I said quick that I needed it to get to my house, it was not far.  Andrew agreed and I jumped on and pedalled to my house as fast as a could.  When I got home I looked at my watch it was 2 minutes past 5. I took 2 minutes to ride from the pool to my house.

Just as I got on the lounge and turned on the TV Mum appeared and told me we had to go to the pool and I told her I would just take the bike instead of driving in the car.  So we had a race to the pool.  Mum didn't know the shortcut I knew, it was through a lane. 

When I got to the pool Mum baited me.  I told her there were no traffic jams the way I came.  When I went inside to the pool Mum told me to take my shirt off and she said to jump into the pool.  Just before I jumped in water guns sprayed at me and all of my friends shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" .  I remembered, it was my birthday, of course.  That was such a fun day at the pool. 

We went back home and I went straight to sleep after my shower.

THE END.

1 comment: